" Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin — that’s what really makes you beautiful."
"Be happy in your own skin. You are unique, beautiful, and worthy."
We all could use more body positivity this year and working out where to start is always the hardest part. So hopefully this makes it all easier for you to start your journey on a better you.
What is body positivity? Well, it’s all about being comfortable in your own skin and accepting yourself. It focuses on the appreciation of the functionality and health of the human body.
What can I do to change? Well, let’s keep it simple with easy steps, to begin with.
Change your judgement on yourself and others.
- Most of our judgement is a learned behaviour so maybe your first thought was negative but your last thought and the one that should stay with you should be positive, whether it be about yourself or others.
- Have gratitude for yourself by trying to accept the way you are.
Dress to flatter the body you have.
Here are some other tips in helping with body positivity:
- Eat healthy food as its good for your body
- Positive affirmations
- This is a great thing to do in the morning to set your intentions for the day.
- Think healthier, not skinnier
- Compliment others freely
- Surround yourself with positivity
- Focus on the things you like about yourself
- Whether it be something as simple as your hair or smile or even the way you look in one specific outfit.
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Because you aren’t the same, we all have our own flaws and criticisms.
- Cut out negative self-talk
- The majority of the time you are your own worse enemy, so for every negative thought counter-act it with a positive one.
- Absorb body-positive messages
- ‘I am enough’ is a fantastic message to absorb and tell yourself every day because you are enough. It is a neutral statement to start your day off positively.
- Be your own superhero
- Because you are the only one who should matter to you.