Get your skin ready for the sun!
Invest in your skin. It is going to represent you for a very long time.
It is nearly time for summer. So, that means our skin requires more protection. Do you know what you need to do? If, no don’t worry. We are here to help. We want to share our tips and tricks for getting your skin ready for the sun.
● HYDRATE! HYDRATE! HYDRATE! - keeping yourself hydrated and your skin moisturised helps reduce the risk of sunburn. This is because dry skin is more vulnerable as it doesn’t have a protective layer. You want to keep that protective layer on your skin to keep your skin looking flawless.
● Exfoliate - you will need to get rid of your dead skin that forms from being out in the sun by exfoliating. We recommend exfoliating twice a week. This will help rejuvenate the cells of the epidermis, giving your skin a more even and longer-lasting tan.
● Gradually increase your sun exposure - Try doing lots of small sessions instead of one long session. Avoid sun exposure during peak hours (12 pm - 3 pm). Try to avoid direct sun exposure, you can sunbathe in the shade
● Don’t forget your SPF - no matter what, you need to wear SPF. Sun cream helps with reducing wrinkles and preventing skin cancer. It also protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
● Increase your intake of carotene and vitamin E - foods that are rich in carotene could improve your skin’s protection against UV rays as they are full of antioxidants.
○ The best sources of carotenoids are carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, spinach, squash, broccoli, mangos, apricots, kale, peas, tomatoes and melon.
● Vitamin E contained in vegetable oils, almonds and nuts also protect from the sun.
○ Vitamin E foods are sunflower oil, almonds, peanuts, peanut butter, spinach, pumpkin, red bell pepper, asparagus, mango and avocado