Why is appreciation is so powerful? Appreciation is defined as the recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something. Being appreciative can have a positive impact on ourselves and others around us because positivity is contagious. Appreciation and Gratitude can be seen as interchangeable and with one, you will always have the other.
When you use appreciation and gratitude you come to realise that it affects your whole way of life physically, mentally and socially. Here are some of the benefits of each:
○ You build stronger immune systems
○ You are less bothered by aches and pains
○ Your blood pressure lowers
○ You begin to exercise more and take better care of their health
○ You can sleep longer and feel more refreshed upon waking
○ You have higher levels of positive emotions
○ You feel more alert, alive, and awake
○ You are more joyful
○ You have more optimism and happiness
○ You become more helpful, generous, and compassionate
○ You are more forgiving
○ You feel more outgoing
○ You begin to feel less lonely and isolated.
You begin to learn and appreciate the little things life has to offer and how it can change you and the people around you. The majority of people are more efficient in work when they believe that their management generally cares for their wellbeing and appreciates them. Most people are appreciative every day but how often are you appreciative?
You can also be self-appreciative. This, however, can be harder to do as there is a large social media narrative with how a person should look and feel. But not everyone’s milestones are the same. So, here are some ways that can help you with self-appreciation.
● Put time into your physical health.
● Put time into what you value.
● Evaluate the way you talk to yourself.
Here is a challenge for you to try for the week if you choose to accept it. We would like you to show appreciation for 5 things about yourself and 5 things about other people. It could be any, small or big. You decide.