Today is your day to start fresh, eat right, workout, live healthily and be proud.
Mental health has become a big priority for many people now, and rightly so. Taking care of yourself includes both your physical health and mental health. The best way to do this is by taking small steps. So, here are our 5 ways to wellness that just might make a difference to you.
1) Be Kind - this is to yourself and others. Instead of waiting for someone else to be a positive impact on your day. Why not start it? It could be as simple as a smile or giving a compliment. Practising gratitude is also a great way to be kind to yourself. Try keeping a journal on 5 things you are grateful for each day.
2) Be Healthy - this seems simple enough, eat healthy food and get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. But this can be the one most people struggle with, which is okay. Try to make healthier eating choices and if you can’t do 30 minutes, do 20 minutes. Work your way up to 30 minutes every day. Set yourself a goal of making healthier eating choices and exercising every day for 30 minutes.
3) Be Yourself - appreciate yourself and all your quirks. There is no point being anyone but yourself. And, if that means you don’t fit in with your current friends, that’s okay. You will find a group that you will fit in within the end. Loving yourself is a great first step in creating a positive impact on your mental health. In front of a mirror, tell yourself 3 positive things about yourself. This will help increase your confidence and reduce negative thoughts.
4) Do something you love - this could be getting your groove on by dancing to music or watching something to make you laugh. This could even be having a walk in nature. Listening to music helps boost your mood and create a positive atmosphere. Try turning on music when you are getting ready or cooking a meal. If music isn’t your cup of tea, why not watch something funny and make yourself laugh. They do say laughter is the best medicine for your mind and soul. Nature has excellent soothing properties. It can allow you to re centre and focus on yourself.
5) Connect - keep in contact with friends and family not just via phone but also face to face. Most communication is done via a phone or computer, which lacks the fundamental need for connection, that face to face communication can provide. This doesn’t mean you have to stop communicating with people via your phone. In some cases, it is the only option to talk to a friend or family member. But why not challenge yourself by asking a stranger either about their weekend or what they plan on doing at the weekend?
Subscribe to our emails and follow us on IG @berealwear for more wellness and fitness updates.