Skincare isn’t just what you put on your skin but what you put in your body. Your skin is an organ that gets affected by what you eat. Let us at BeReal tell you the 12 best foods to eat for healthy and happy-looking skin.
1. Sweet Potatoes are an excellent source of beta carotene, which can act as a natural sunblock and may protect your skin from sun damage. High amounts of beta carotene can add a warm, orange colour to your skin.
● Beta Carotene are also in oranges, carrots and spinach.
2. Walnuts are a good source of essential fats, zinc, vitamin E, and protein. These are nutrients your skin needs to stay healthy.
● Nuts provide the same benefits as fatty fish, making them a great addition to the diet, especially for vegans and vegetarians.
3. Fatty fish contain omega-3 fatty acids that can reduce inflammation and keep your skin moisturised. They’re also a good source of high-quality protein, vitamin E, and zinc.
● Fatty fish are herring, sardines, and salmon.
4. Seeds are an excellent source of nutrients, such as Zinc and vitamin E, which are essential antioxidants for the skin. Both can help to protect skin cells.
5. Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C and have all of the carotenoids (which cause all the orange and red pigments in fruit and vegetables). These carotenoids protect your skin from sun damage and can help prevent wrinkling.
6. Avocados are high in beneficial fats and contain vitamins E and C. Which are essential for healthy skin. They also pack compounds that may protect your skin from sun damage.
● If only using half an avocado, store the other half in a container full of water
7. Dark Chocolate Cocoa contains antioxidants that can protect your skin against sunburn. These antioxidants may also improve wrinkles, skin thickness, hydration, blood flow, and skin texture.
8. Bell Peppers contain plenty of beta carotene. As well as vitamin C. Vitamin C is also necessary to create collagen, a structural protein that keeps your skin healthy.
9. Green Tea has catechins, which are effective antioxidants that are able to protect your skin against sun damage and reduce redness. As well as improve its hydration, thickness and elasticity.
10. Soy contains isoflavones, which can improve wrinkles, collagen, skin elasticity, and skin dryness. As well as protect your skin from UV damage.
● You can also eat legume seeds (lentils, beans, peas) for isoflavones.
11. Broccoli is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids that are important for skin health. It also contains sulforaphane, which can help prevent skin cancer and protect your skin from sunburn.
12. Red Grapes contain Resveratrol (an antioxidant) which can slow your skin’s ageing process by impairing harmful free radicals that damage your skin. They are also filled with Vitamin C and antioxidants to revitalise your skin.
Additional tips you need to follow to have healthy-looking skin:
● Eat a minimum of five portions of fruit and vegetables every day
○ Make sure you eat enough vitamin C, vitamin E and Zinc
● Drink six to eight glasses of water a day
● Eat some healthy fat
● Opt for omega-3
● Do 30 minutes of exercise a day