Always remember the reason why you started, especially in those moments when self-doubt comes in. The reason you started will always pull you out of the shadows.
With the Met Gala been and gone on Monday and the event season coming up, whether it be weddings or parties. The pre-event prep is vital to keeping you looking and feeling flawless. This can be 7-days of prep or 4-days of prep, depending on how much you want to cram into one day!
What you want to include in your preparations:
- Getting your hair done - if you dye your hair or have highlights/lowlights/roots done, make sure to do them at least 4 days before the event. This way if anything goes wrong, you can still get it fixed
- Exfoliating your body - starts 4 days before your event and moisturising every time afterwards
- Plan your outfit - Plan your outfit choices 4 days before your event. You want to have three options to wear. Yes, this seems like overkill but on the day if you have three outfits to choose from that are all accessorised and ready to go, it will help take away the pressure of what to wear.
- Pamper yourself - treat yourself to a massage 2 days before the event. This will allow you to relax and de-stress. This can also be an at-home pamper session by using a head massager (BeReal Wooden Head Massager) and having a nice bubble bath.
- Keep up with your skin routine - make sure you are keeping up-to-date with your skincare routine as this will help your skin look flawless and at its best. If you need extra help, try using a facial roller (BeReal Jade Roller) to help with the absorption of your serums and with reducing puffiness.
- Stay hydrated - Keep up on staying hydrated. Your body needs water to stay on top.
- Eat Clean - Before the event try to eat clean foods. Stick to basic protein, veggies and fruit, as this will help with reducing breakouts and make you feel happier and healthier.
- Manicure and Pedicure - 2 days before the event, go and get yourself a manicure and/or pedicure. This is because you are less likely to chip or damage your nails before the event.
- Sleep - Don’t skip out on sleep. It is vital that on the night before the event, you get enough sleep. You might be nervous but getting enough sleep is key to keeping you at your best throughout the event.