Mindfulness is a way of befriending ourselves and our experiences.
The world we live in is a fast-paced one, whether it be our work lives or our personal lives. We are constantly moving around that we lose the here and now. Using Mindfulness techniques, we can slow down our focus to the present moment. This, in turn, will help reduce your stress significantly and help you focus on problems without passing judgment instantly. Which will lead you to be a happier and more rounded person.
Mindfulness techniques combine meditation and mindfulness by using breathing and awareness of body and mind. All you need is a comfortable place to sit and 3-5 minutes.
The benefits of just taking just 3-5 minutes to practice this meditation are:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved blood circulation
- Lower heart rate
- Less anxiety
- Less stress
- Better Sleep
- You need a quiet and comfortable place to sit and then close your eyes.
- Focus on your breathing, and allow your emotions and problems to pass through you. If you feel yourself drifting away with a problem or emotion, centre yourself again by coming back to your breathing.
- If you need help, you can use an app or YouTube to guide you.
- Embrace the feelings your body presents you, from the tingling to the weight in your shoulders lifting.
- Set a timer, this will help with allowing yourself to free your mind and not having to wonder how long you have been meditating or constantly checking your phone about the time.
There are two types of Mindful meditation, which you can focus on:
- Basic Mindfulness Meditation
- Sitting down, on a chair or on the floor
- Focus on your breathing
- Whether good or bad, accept your sensation without judgment. In case you begin to wander, get back to focusing on your breath
- Learning To Be Present-Minded
- You can do this while walking, eating, or even brushing your teeth
- Begin by getting your focus on your body and its sensations
- Take a deep breath through your nose and breath out via your mouth
- Pay attention to the sensation from each inhalation and exhalation
- Continue with your task slowly and with full attention
Using your time for Mindfulness techniques helps you overcome your problems by accepting them and focusing on them without judgment. This in turn helps you with calming down your days and allowing you to be in the here and now. So, why don’t you take 3-5 minutes and try using some Mindfulness techniques to centre yourself now? You will be surprised at the results!